What do u do?

Durring the day when u are with ur children??

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 11:35 PM on May. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• depends on the day and time of year......most of the time the 3 kids are at school but have a school schedule that is 6 weeks on 1 week off so we plan vacation trips or shopping adventures during those breaks....with summer break coming up (they get 6 weeks for summer) we plan camps, camping trips, fun activiities locally (swimming, craft class, ect.) bbq's with friends, trips to the water park, ect. its just depends on how old your children are and what your family is into......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:51 AM on May. 30, 2011

• All of my children are in school during the day. I have returned to college, so I try to get my school work done before they get home. During the summer, we go camping, ride bikes, go to the Y, work in the garden, and OFTEN go to the beach. We live on a lake, so we go out in a boat or just fish from shore. Really, we like to spend a lot of time outdoors.
    mamateresa7

Answer by mamateresa7 at 11:46 PM on May. 29, 2011

• We do a tonne of stuff. We go to play group, or the park, sometimes the library. If it is nice out we will walk around down town or go feed the ducks at the water front. We go on long walks. If it is raining we watch movies and play tent under the table. We like to cook diner together. We also have dance parties where we blare the music and and do silly dances. I find 80's music works best for this.
    Right now he really likes to play angry birds on my phone. so I let him do that for a little bit while I clean the house.
    We do arts and crafts and make play-dough. We go hiking or swimming too.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:51 PM on May. 29, 2011

• My older 3 are in school all day (2nd, 3rd and 5th grades). My younger two are at home. They are 5 and 10 months. We don't do much. They play, I clean. The 5yo watches some TV, the baby naps and I work on stories I write. Clean up some more, maybe do some laundry while the kids play. Occasionally we go for walks to the grocery store to pick stuff up and I buy my 5yo a donut as a treat. She loves that. I don't particularly like going on walks with her. She NEVER stops talking and by the time we get back (it's a 2 mile round trip walk that, with shopping, takes us about 2 1/2 hours) I have a migraine and want to be left alone.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:32 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I work, they go to school. On the weekends and holidays we take them to the park (actually hubs does).
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:13 AM on May. 30, 2011