Has this happened to anyone?

So today my son was playing with my phone and next thing I know he dropped it inside a bucket of car oil...is this fixable???

Babygirl760468

Asked by Babygirl760468 at 11:36 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Technology

• I doubt it.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 11:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• nope its not. conciterd water damaged.
    sydney1026

Answer by sydney1026 at 11:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• If it was water, it would be if you put it in rice, oil.. not so much.. I have never heard of a phone dropping into oil.. Thats a new one! Good Luck!
    FinalScore1to1

Answer by FinalScore1to1 at 11:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Oh i highly doubt it. I know if you drop it in water to take the battery out and put it in rice.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:38 PM on May. 29, 2011

• The oil should still be fine :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:41 PM on May. 29, 2011

• I think your gonna need a new phone :S
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:44 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Sorry, you are going to need a new phone. As another person said, if it was water, than your could try the rice trick - I know many people that as worked for.

OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 11:57 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Damn! Well thanks anyway...yeah I got water in it already and it did work again..but I turned it on to see if it would work and the screen has alot of oil on it and the light at the bottom where it has the home icon and the back arrow and those things...flashes....so I know that doesnt work...Well we have insurance on it...can I just replace it? Or I have to buy another one?
    Babygirl760468

Comment by Babygirl760468 (original poster) at 1:46 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I'm not sure if the insurance is the same for all companies, but I know for us (with Sprint) we pay for the insurance, and if the phone no longer works, regardless of the reason, we pay a smallish deductible ($50 or $100) and get a new phone, either the same or equivalent. You can probably find something on your provider's website about it. Usually, though, the insurance is so you don't have to buy another one.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:59 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Phone won't work. Oil will be fine. It's never happened to me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:11 AM on May. 30, 2011