Does your husband have female friends? How do you feel about that?

My husband does, and I'm okay with it. It wasn't always that way but I realized that my husband is just that my husband, not my property and marriage doesn't mean that he's not allowed to have friends that happen to be female. I trust him. Do you feel the same or different?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 11:57 PM on May. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• It depends on how the husband and the females interact with each other. If both act trustworthy, then sure, it's no problem. It's not just about having female friends. It's also about the character that they've shown to you.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:16 AM on May. 30, 2011

• yeah I guess so he is friends with his buddies wives and guess what...I am not, why? because he never takes me around his buddies and even those buddies kids don't play with our kids. my dh keeps a seperate life and no it is not working very well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 30, 2011

• yes he does and I am okay with it... Just once they respect my marriage I have no problems
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 12:00 AM on May. 30, 2011

• yeah he has girl friends and i have guy friends. no big deal
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:04 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Dh have a lot of friends and a lot of them are female. He has known most of them for longer than he has known me. It was be rude of me to tell him to stop being friends with people just because I am here now. Also I figure if he wanted to get with them he would have already. That and they are great people and we hang out together all the time. I also have male friends - in fact my best friend is a guy so it would be completely hypocritical of me to tell him not to have female friends
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:05 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Anon: I hope things get better for you.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I wish he'd have more gal pals. I have tons of guy friends. It would even things up a bit.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:08 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Thanks op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes he has female friends, I know them and met them - most of them I consider a friend to myself as well and the same goes for him with my guy friends. I have a lot of guy friends and my DH knew that before we got together.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:32 AM on May. 30, 2011

• As long as there's no attraction between either of them, I'm fine with it.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:40 AM on May. 30, 2011