My reason for being in answers more then groups is........and can you relate?

I like my groups and will try to be active and make posts and what not...I also reply to other posts but it never fails that my posts get fewer then 7 replies and when I respond I get ignored all the while all the other relies get relied to.
I have been here 3 years and I have to wonder if people just don't like my screen name but that would be dumb....anyway what makes some moms here so popular and others like me just get ignored?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on May. 29, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Answers seems to get people to really reveal themselves a little more - like how they really think and feel or IF they really think and feel (heehee). Plus here, people are straight up asking for support, and people love to give advice. Seems like in groups, it is more sharing what you know rather than asking others to share what they know.
    fohtrae

Answer by fohtrae at 8:30 AM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I don't care for groups myself. Coming here to answers all the time gives me the oppurtunity to get to know the personalities of the ladies here. I don't go by names, I go by their answers. Are they fun, sometimes sarcastic, passionate about family and life, these are the things that draw me to certain moms. Since you posted anon I can't tell if your nsme would be a peoblem or not.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:04 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I agree, I wouldn't even consider myself active in groups. I usually just go straight to answers and that's it. Once in awhile I'll post a reply to a group post but I can't remember the last time I made a post in one of my groups because I rarely get a reply
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• In groups I was a "Post Killer". It seemed that often when I replied to a post, the post died. No more responses.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:01 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I was in groups for a while but found them to be more rude and few replies too.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:01 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I like both answers and groups. One of the things with groups though is that there are so many people on here and a lot of groups are popular, so unless you talk to the people out side of the groups people forget about other members really fast because there is a lot to keep up with. Have you tried talking to other mothers out side of the groups? have you friended anyone on here? sometimes that helps.

I know I was gone for 4 months and everyone moved on with out me and there were a whole bunch of new people in my groups and it felt like I had to start all over again. Just put the time and effort into and people will come around.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:02 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I have no idea. I dont feel ignored but I dont feel popular yet either., but I just joined on the 11th or something? It's hard because I come from message boards that I was getting pretty high ranks on. Im wondering where this will go. What groups are you in? What is your sn?
    Kelly0213

Answer by Kelly0213 at 12:02 AM on May. 30, 2011

• i like being in answers more then groups because i get answers faster even if they are rude and in groups, well they get fewer replies then answers but i dont get a million answers here either...maybe 5 or less sometimes.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:17 AM on May. 30, 2011

• yeaaaaaah i dont use groups because i NEVER got replies to my posts. like i posted a handful of times in a handful of groups when i first joined the site and i think i got like one or two answers, ever.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:17 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I like to play on answers too, but I like my groups. I like knowing that I have something in common with the people I am talking to. I have met a few people in person and have become good friends with them. I have learned quite a few things from people that I would never had a chance to meet otherwise. I do get fewer replies to my group posts, but I am in smaller groups. If I want a thousand replies to something then I post it on facebook for my friends there to give input on, but that's not really why I am here.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 12:53 AM on May. 30, 2011