I have two kids that are my world. A 10 year old and a 7 year old. They are my world. I am now pregnant with my third (my husbands first). We tried for a year before conceiving. I had given up and content with my two. Now that I'm pregnant I feel so guilty and don't know why. Is this normal? I know I'm gonna love this one just as much. Hope this doesn't make me sound like a horrible mom. Please don't judge me.

1Mady

Asked by 1Mady at 12:00 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal. It's been a while since you've had a baby. It'll be great!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:01 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Thanks!
    1Mady

Comment by 1Mady (original poster) at 12:02 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yea, its normal and i know how you feel, went through the exact same thing ezcept for i had all my kids from husband and still felt that way.
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 12:05 AM on May. 30, 2011

• In some since I'm so excited. I had always said no more kids after the age of 32. I was close to turning 32 when my husband and I got married. He asked for me to please consider 33, giving him one year because he hasn't got any kids. The excitement he has makes it so worth while. I feel horrible for having the guilt. Some nights I just cry and cry. Thanks so much for not judging me.
    1Mady

Comment by 1Mady (original poster) at 12:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Hormones are horrible! Tell DH you are having mommy blues and let him comfort you. There are numerous reasons you can come up with for being scared and upset. Also, I think you may be upset because of the sudden change of plans on what you had decided was set in stone.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 12:36 AM on May. 30, 2011

• At least you didn't cry and your DH didn't swear when the nurse confirmed that we were pregnant. We are expecting baby #4 at the end of the year. We have had time to accept this new baby and are looking forward to meeting him or her. I hate being pregnant. (I'm still in the 1st trimester and feel like I am constantly want to lose whatever I ate :))
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:44 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I'm in the same boat. My oldest is 11 and I just got remarried and got pregnant, now i feel guilty but my kids are so excited. Be happy and make them part of it all. Congrats and good luck :)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:02 AM on May. 30, 2011

• totally normal to feel like that, congrats though
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 3:52 PM on May. 30, 2011