Shorts for teen girls

Is it just me, or is it more difficult to find decent shorts for teen girls lately? When I was looking for shorts for my daughter who is 13 1/2yrs old, but small for her age, I can't believe how short they are...I know there have been shorts shorts for awhile, but now I am not sure what the point of wearing some of these shorts are when you butt cheeks are hanging out the bottom...

Seems like you are paying more to get less clothing.

OctMommyof3

Asked by OctMommyof3 at 12:00 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It's been that way for a while.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:03 AM on May. 30, 2011

• You are so right! If they cannot bend over or squat without me seeing tush or more, forget about it.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:04 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I know...I shop at Goodwill for my girls clothes. They are 9 and 10 and I'll be danged if I let them walk around in shorty shorts. I seen a girl yesturday who was maybe 11 years old with shorts on that were way too short.  Where has the innocents gone??

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:07 AM on May. 30, 2011

• try american eagle they have long lenghths as well.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:41 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yep- its ridiculous. Daisy Dukes or the shorts w/ the writing on the butt are both off limits here. Luckily my dau is only 9 y/o, but skimpy outfits are already showing up in her section at the store too! Who the heck designs this stuff- a bunch of pervs?! -lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I agree its been that way for a while, i used to shop for my nieces and even 4-5 years ago it was hard to find appropriate clothes for them and they werent even teens........
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:16 AM on May. 30, 2011

• It's very hard. I've managed to find some bermuda shorts at Old Navy, or I just have my girl wear boy's basket ball shorts. They're comfy and she loves them. They're longer than the girl's version, and they have pockets.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Where I live the teens wear decorative tights with their short shorts. My daughter wears her short shorts under a short dress for extra modesty.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I agree.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 7:46 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Around my area there are more longer shorts and Capris because the county changed the dress code and all shorts must be no shorter then 4 inches from the knee
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:07 PM on May. 30, 2011