List of necessities for twins

About how much of the basics do you need? furniture? Bottle feeding supplies?clothing?
If you cloth diaper about how many of those supplies would you need?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:30 AM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• My recommendation for cloth diapers is 24 per day, per child for newborns, 12 per day, per child as they get out of the newborn stage. And don't forget the cloth wipes!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:34 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I would stock up on pacifiers,bedding,onesies , generally 2 of everything but a baby tub. if you cloth diaper then get lots of plastic pants unless your using the newer trendy type of cloth diapers that don't need plastic pants
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 30, 2011

• 1st off baby don't need as much as you think, and you don't need 2 of everything i don't have twins but i can tell you i learned the hard way baby don't need lots of things and they don't always like stuff . also baby like dif things twins are very much there own people so what one twin will like the other will not you will need a double buggy , and a double cot or 2 cots , you do not need a moses basket if you buy cot's that go from new born . i would get one baby swing chair and one rocking/bouncing chair . one changing mat but tbh i never used one easier to change baby on my knee . you don't need cot bumper they look nice but there a waste of money i say you need at least 4 bottles per baby so you need between 8 and 12 bottles , get some dummies as some baby need to suck 24/7 . also get some nappy rash cream but one only should use it when they have nappy rash not every day as it dose not work as well when you nee

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:28 AM on May. 30, 2011

• i live in the uk its coldish here so we need stuff other stuff other places do not, baby don't really care about having there own toy my youngest is 8 month and he just likes any toys . buy your baby a selections of toys one of each as no matter if you have 2 of that toy they will both want the same one . baby donuts rings are good get one of them to as one baby will love it

you will need 2 car seats no way around that . and you will need a camra !!! lol i love photos and your gona need coffee for you hard to thik of the top of my head you will need about 4 -6 cot sheets and about 4-6 blankets babys like to sick lots and lots of wet wipes you can niver have enouth wet wipes there good for facing, sicked on top and getting sick off you lol
    feralkitten

• I have twins. We were pretty minimalistic, I suppose, but we did find some of the gear was helpful to have doubles of. We don't use a crib but probably would have stuck to just one if we did (lots of twins seem to do well sleeping together and spend months in the same crib.) If found out they just needed their own space from the beginning you could get a 2nd crib then & just use a pack 'n play with a bassinet insert for the second baby in the meantime. But we coslept with our first & did the same with our twins, so no crib at all.
    We did have two swings (that was something we'd never bothered to have with our first, but a swing came in handy with two newborns) and kept one upstairs (in the bedroom) and one in the kitchen. We had a bouncy seat in the kitchen as well. I never used bottles (I breastfed and opted not to try to pump & bottlefeed) so I don't know there. A twin nursing pillow is helpful for the first 6 months. We had
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 7:36 AM on May. 30, 2011

• two regular Boppy nursing pillows, too, and I used those in combination while nursing once they were about 7 months old. (Our twin nursing pillow was called EZ 2 Nurse; it worked well for me. I've heard other twin pillows highly recommended but I don't have experience with those brands/designs.) We found it helpful to swaddle our boys & they were summertime babies so we got a set of large-sized, lightweight (Australian made) muslin swaddling blankets that came in handy as light covers in the carseats, stroller, etc. (Aden & Anais brand.) But our fave swaddlers were the Miracle Blanket & since we used them constantly, I got four of them. (Six would have been even better, but if they all were dirty I just used a regular flat swaddling blanket.) I don't know if we literally doubled our newborn clothing stash. We had enough without it being too crazy. I had enough cloth dipes just by following the rule of thumb # per baby posted.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:17 AM on May. 30, 2011