What does it mean when your getting to know some and then that person no longer wants to stay in touch

Just curious because I am a friendly, non judemental person who cares deeply but yet when I make new friends they just seem to vanish

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• it means " that person no longer wants to stay in touch" for one reason or another. Maybe you are too clingy? Maybe they are "unavailable" Maybe they have issues. I know me personally I don't have many friends I will say yeah sure lets hang out lets get coffee etc but never do. I have my reasons and it has nothing to do with that person its me
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:52 AM on May. 30, 2011

• It's not just happening to you. Keep that in mind. I have been noticing a general superficiality and laziness in most people about maintaining relationships. I hate to believe we are losing our humanity. I've been meaning to ask this myself, but it seems to be a trend that when you email or text a "friend" that it is now the norm for them not to respond or act like they never received the message. Yet when you respond in the same way, all of sudden you're the rude person. Well the good thing about this new trend is that it's easier to realize who cares more about your friendships and easier to drop the fake ones ;-)
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:53 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I think if someone just vanishes... that means it wasnt a match.
    They just didnt see a fit... and they left.... I wouldnt think twice about it

UNLESS... this is happening alot to you. Then you should really sit and think about how you project yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 30, 2011

• hellokittykat... you have a valid point and I do agree with you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:55 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Let it go and what will be will be
    jlfield

Answer by jlfield at 1:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• If it consistently is happening to you then you need to evaluate how you interact with people. Relationships start and end for a variety of reasons.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:42 AM on May. 30, 2011