Have you ever thought about calling it quits?

What made you stay or go?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 12:39 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Hell yeah. All the time. But then I cool off and stop thinking like a mad woman and realize this is just a hiccup in an otherwise happy marriage
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:50 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes I have thought about leaving DH - it's not our relationship it's the 'outside forces' ie: his family. Basically i talk about how I feel and we work on trying to fix it. We want to move but I'm in school and on unemployment. So after I'm done with school we're moving out of state.
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 12:43 AM on May. 30, 2011

• yes sometimes....my boyfriend is afraid of getting married. he says he wants to he just doesnt know when. I feel like I need to know that its going to happen we have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old together and he says he wants to be with me for forever but its scary when hes afraid of marriage.....
    hisbabymama18

Answer by hisbabymama18 at 12:52 AM on May. 30, 2011

• When Dh and I started living together again after being apart for over 10 months because of him working in another city I thought of calling it quits. It was just easier when I was on my own and Dh had a completely different way of doing things than I did. But we gt through it with a lot of comprising
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:00 AM on May. 30, 2011

• All the time actually.....you see I was a single parent for 10 yrs before marrying my dh. I was used to me being in control of money and bills and what not. and then we had a kid together and it is what keeps me with dh. My dh tells me I can leave anytime bu the our kid stays with him and I do not want our child to go through any struggles of who gets him and custody fights..been there done that and do not want to do it again. I do plan on leaving my dh when our child turns 18
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on May. 30, 2011

• When my husband and were at our worse I still thought to myself. I promised my husband for better or for worse. He has wanted to leave even cheat on me. But I guess our kids stoped him. But he has never abused me.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 1:10 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yeah, DH lost his job when we returned from our honeymoon, and he's never been the same since. It killed his ego, and he isn't happy. We spend WAAAAAYYYYY too much time together, since he's home. I think when he DOES go back to work, it'll really help our relationship. I think we've all thought about getting out at one time or another (some more than others), but I'm glad I've stayed. I know I have a good one, and I don't want to lose him.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:22 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Never in this relationship.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:39 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Sometimes, but who doesn't? I think most of us have thought of it at least once. Thinking about it doesn't mean you act on it, though. You think about it because you're angry or hurt or frustrated, and then you calm down and you realize you don't really want to leave. Of course, there are some situations where you think of leaving and you really want to: cheating, abuse, etc. The decision to stay or go can be pretty tough. What makes me stay is the fact that I love him and I know that even when I'm angry, hurt, or frustrated that I still want to be with him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:46 AM on May. 30, 2011