Labor

Im so scaried to have my daughter and i cant take pain and everyone saids that i will know when its time aand im worried i willnt know. I just want to know wht to expect when having a baby

em199417

Asked by em199417 at 12:46 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Good luck momma, When I had my son I tried to go "natural" but I felt like I was going to turn inside out...literally. So I was screaming for an epidural. I'm kinda glad I did because I had to have an episiotomy and I couldn't imagine if I had to feel that! Take some child birthing classes to help you out!  Just try to focus on the wonderful gift you'll have after the labor part is all over!

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:53 AM on May. 30, 2011

• like im due soon and like i want her here but just wish i didnt have to have the pain
    em199417

Comment by em199417 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I am going to have baby #4 at the end of this year. I think that every first time mama feels the same way about the pain of labor and delivery. I hurt more after giving birth with the first baby than I did with the second and third. I am definitely stretched out. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't need stitches down there. Talk to your Dr. about what kind of pain to expect and what you will need to do or use for the pain. I have always gotten hemoroids during the pushing part of the labor. I used Tucks hemoroid pads. They definitely help with that pain. I would take a bath 2 - 3 times daily (with water as hot as I could stand it) to keep the episiotomy site clean.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:33 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Have you considered something like hypnobirthing? I've heard NOTHING but good things about it (I plan to use it next time), and it's very effective for managing pain. Might be worth looking into! You'll be FINE, just remember the pain has a purpose, and that it's TEMPORARY. You can do it!! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:17 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Meditate. Breathe. Research.

If you go into labor being scared about the process, you're going to be more tense and it's going to hurt more.

Your body knows what to do. Find some music that you feel is calming, and make a playlist of it to have with you at the hospital while you're in labor.

Discuss all pain management options with your doctor from meditation all the way through to epidural, but don't rashly decide on any of them. Think about the benefits and potential side effects of each.

For me, meditation, breathing, and Celtic music were all I needed to manage the pain (well, that and moving around a lot, lol), but every woman has to make her own birthing choices.

Just remember, you CAN do this mama. Woman have been pulling off this particular miracle since the dawn of humankind. :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 6:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Women**
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 6:13 AM on May. 30, 2011

• labor is different for all women so i dont think anyone can really give you a 100% answer on what labor will feel like for you but goodluck you will do fine!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 11:19 AM on May. 30, 2011

• you will do fine, once its all over with you really wont remember any of the pain you went though and be ready to do it again :p
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 3:49 PM on May. 30, 2011