I think I have food poisoning.

For the last night I have had diarrhea to the point where all I poop is water(sorry for the TMI) and I can't even keep water down. I am miserable. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Health

• Yes, ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Try the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, and toast). If you start vomitting then Id go to the hosp bc you could get dehydrated.

Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• drink lots and lots of water or Gatorade or something else with electrolytes. If you are pregnant go to the ER so they can check if the baby is ok (I just had food poisoning in October and am pregnant).

That's really all you can do until it get's out of your system but definitely push fluids. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• do the brat diet like someone suggestied keep trying to drink water....did you happen to haee a bunch of like gatorade or soemthing...i did one time like drank 3 or 4 in a day and i had some major watery problems back there...tmi sorry.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I had this about 4 months ago..... I had the bathroom issue just like you and was puking foamy crap forever I was sicker than a dog for 2 weeks I honastly thought I would die!! and worse I was 3 or 4 months pregnant omg it was terrible!! Make sure you have alot of water and gatorade just drink drink drink and dry toast and saltines work well too!! hang in there
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have had it so many times, so I really feel for you!! I used to drive truck OTR with my SO and man it was a never ending cycle for us. We are now VERY careful about food we eat AND never ever eat at a buffet. Take care of yourself and don't overwork yourself. You AND your baby need that!! GL!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This is me: luckily I'm not pregnant. I had my son six months ago so its hard taking care of a baby and not feeling like I can walk without puking. Thank goodness his daddy's work called off due to snow, otherwise, I don't know what I would have done. I just woke up and its a lot better so far AND kept down a cup of hot herbal tea my SO made for me. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2008