WAHM while also being a SAHM

Are you a Work At Home Mom at the same time as being a Stay At Home Mom??

I work from home and also take care of my kids at the same time. I only have 1 of the three home with me during the day, as the oldest 2 are in school. However, I am dreading the summer...

It's so hard to work and take care of the kids at the same time...

How do you cope????

OctMommyof3

Asked by OctMommyof3 at 12:55 AM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, I am.

Mine are older so it's gotten easier since I first started. Summers are a little trickier but my oldest is pretty much off on his own and my youngest is SO good, honestly, 9 times out of 10 you don't even realize she's around so she lets me work without interruption. I'm able to do a lot of work (computer stuff) while attending her activities, though I only bring my work with me during her practices, not her actual events. The rest of the time, I work early in the am before everyone is up or later at night after everyone is off to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes, I'm also a homeschooling mom. Our kids are 11 and 16 and I run a web and graphic design service from my home, create teaching printables and write volunteer training programs. I also volunteer 30+ hours a week with Girl Scouts, flexibility is a must in my life.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:40 PM on May. 30, 2011