Loosing weight....ugg

Ever since I have had my 3 children, I seemed to have gained weight after each. I seemed to be ok after having #1, but I was also 19yrs old. Since having #2 and #3 and being diagnosed and put on Seizure meds, I have gained so much weight.

I hate going out because I am imbarassed of myself. I don't like clingy clothes because I don't want people to have to see my "fat"....

I need some ideas on how to start to loose weight. I would like to start with some easy ideas.

The last time I had lost weight, I was like 16 yrs old and my mom and I had joined Nutrasystem and went to a gym a few times a week....

Now I don't seem to have anytime now that I have 3 kids....

OctMommyof3

Asked by OctMommyof3 at 1:00 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• im on the 17 day diet and I have lost 5lbs in 1 week and im not starving!! I was having a ton of trouble losing weight before too. Hang in there!! You can get the book the 17 day diet or you can look it up online....hope this helps
    hisbabymama18

Answer by hisbabymama18 at 1:10 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I am starting the south beach diet, tomorrow. I did it before but for only two weeks and lost 12 pounds. I hope to break my bad eating habits for good and make this my new lifestyle. Basically cut out refined sugar and enriched flour.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:11 AM on May. 30, 2011

• try sparkspeople . com they have a great tracking system for watching what you eat. it is totally free, and they can help you with maintainable goals and meal plans. It is kinda like cafe mom (with groups and a home page and stuff) just for weight lose. You don't have to use anything thing but the meal trackers if you don't want though.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Amelora - I did joing Sparkspeople 2 yrs ago, but just stopped using it....I just logged back on the other day...
    OctMommyof3

Comment by OctMommyof3 (original poster) at 1:13 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I am the same way and I hate it. I know exactly what you mean about going anywhere or the way clothes fit. I know I have a wedding to go to in Sept. and I am just dreading it. So you are not the only one who feels that way.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 1:49 PM on May. 30, 2011

• For me when I first started losing weight (19 weeks ago) I just started with diet only. Smaller 9" plates, and calorie counting. Once I had lost a little weight my confidence went up and so I felt okay exercising in public (going to the gym and jog/walking on the side of the road). I have had to work my exercise around my husband's schedule though...

Anyway calorie counting is a great way to start. Once you get used to it, it won't take as long as it does at the beginning. So it's really good if you stick to it. And you can probably drop 1 to 2 pounds a week just by doing that.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:04 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I too am on seizure control meds. I have given up trying to loose weight and just be healthy. I walk and work out with light weights
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011