Family Activities

What type of family activies do you do?

We have three kids, ages 13, 7 & 3 - I find it difficult to plan family activities that will make each child happy and that each child can activily participate in.

We do doing camping in the summer and we all look forward to that, other than that nothing much and I feel bad for our kids....

OctMommyof3

Asked by OctMommyof3 at 1:02 AM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can build forts, do treasure hunts, Games like red light green light, nature walks,....can ya tell i am an outdorsy kindog gal
    jlfield

Answer by jlfield at 1:07 AM on May. 30, 2011

• what about swimming, everyone like swimming.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:09 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I am reading a book right now about meditation in family. Its very interesting, it reinforce the relationships, helps solve problems in the family, help kids with concentration and creativity. Otherways, you could do painting or crafts, like art project. you could also organize activities for your community, like collecting schooling supplies for disadvantaged families, or organize a swap clothes with your friends. Do something creative, that teach them to help others people.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 1:14 AM on May. 30, 2011

• thats hard with the age difference, you can do things with the younger two that probably will not interest the 13 year old, at this stage you would probably have to start doing some separate things with your eldest as well as family time, which I am sure you already do....what about going to Dave and Busters, there are games for all ages there, adults, teens, kids and even some for the 3 year old.....not sure if they have one near you.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:02 AM on May. 30, 2011

• We have a community (city) indoor pool, $4 a person for open swim, now and then we'll go swim as a family (mine are 8 and 4). Or some pools will have a family fee so you can go during the summer. I've heard that 'geocaching' is fun, it's basically a hike plus treasure hunt, does require a GPS though.

Do you have an interactive video game thing like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc? Ping pong table (or tabletop version)? Air hockey? Darts (safely!)? Hiking or fishing are good, weather permitting. My family loves the water, so we take ferry rides or go to parks near the river/lake/shore. Do you bike?
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 4:37 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I am older than most of you. My three boys always loved to go on road trips and I would read them books. TRUMPETER SWAN, CHARLOTTE'S WEB, etc. Each get something different from the story and we would talk about them.
    Help the older one use their knowledge to teach the younger girl. A great bonding experience.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:39 AM on May. 30, 2011

• We go to gaming conventions. Our favorite is Origins Game Fair in Columbus. They hve board games, card games, most you prolly never heard of. Lots of demos and events to play in. And they have a family room for little ones for crafts, songs, and gar appropriate games.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:01 AM on May. 31, 2011