To let them back in or not?

I disconnected myself and my son from my Half-Brother and his family due to his WIFE. (who was my best friend) It created a whole family involved drama fest. I could care less if they are in my life or not But I don't know about my childs....what would you do?

**she is a problem starter, who is very jealous of others and if her life isnt perfect than no one elses should be either**

jlfield

Asked by jlfield at 2:07 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Does your son ask for/about them? Do they ask for/about him? If not the F it - keep your life as stress free as possible, and if that means that they aren'tin it then that's just how it is.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 2:39 AM on May. 30, 2011

• i dont know honestly, i'm not in your shoes nor do i know your situation so its hard to say.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:44 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't think it's worth the trouble to stay in touch even for your son's sake. She sounds like she'd be a terrible influence on your child. If I grew up without knowing some extended family, I personally wouldn't care. As long as you let him know what happened and give him the choice to reach out to them when he gets older then that sounds fair. People think that they keep some people in their child's life "for their sake" but it's really not a good choice. I've had that done to me before and felt it wasn't worth it. The more stable your and your child's life is (and the less drama), the better. That is good parenting.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:59 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Why would you want your child around all the drama? If its not good for you it couldn't be good for him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:57 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Life is difficult enough. Depends on how you feel about the effort. Some people aren't worth it and you end up making excuses for them and avoiding them. You've cut them out try to remember the reasons why, all the details and revisit it. If you dwell on it and ask yourself am I ready for more of that and then some? Personally, you've done the deed by cutting them out, I can't imagine going back. It's your decision.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:03 AM on May. 30, 2011

• If they are a problem for you, then they are a problem for your son. You need to decide what influences are best in his life and if you think someone is not a good influence, then cut them out, family or not. Remember children of all ages learn from adults, and the ones that are trouble makers too.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Does your son have a relationship with them already??
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:16 PM on May. 30, 2011