Maternity clothes

where did you ladies get your maternity clothes? walmart doesnt have anything! last pregnancy all I wore was pj bottoms and baggy shirts! lol

AutumnsMom1212

Asked by AutumnsMom1212 at 4:49 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I got ONE pair of preggo jeans at Motherhood, the rest I shopped at factory connections, citi trends and ross for shirts that were just long and I layered :) only had 2 REAL preggo tops and ONLY because one said babylicious and the other said baby makes the belly go round lol. the rest were sweatpants and reg. tops
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:58 AM on May. 30, 2011

• target. but rather than maternity clothes i wore a lot of cute sweats and tanks
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 5:07 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I just went for yoga pants at Academy Sports + Outdoors, sweats and workout pants at Wal-Mart, plus sized clothing at Wal-Mart, and browsed second-hand stores for plus sized or maternity gear. the few maternity specific items I got, though, didn't fit me right even though they say to look for your actual size in maternity sizes. My favorite items when I was pregnant with my second daughter were two pairs of maternity shorts. They rode up like Daisy Dukes, but it was 110 degrees a lot last summer so I wore those too short shorts proudly--flabby thighs and hairy legs and all! :P Some preggo books recommend shopping in your SO's closet if they wear clothing larger than you; that never worked for me cause DH is 6'2" but with a smaller waistline than me at 5'7" even when I'm not preggo. :(
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 5:22 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Online mostly. Walmart.com has a LOT more than the store itself, and you can get site-to-store (or sometimes to home) shipping for free. Target has good stuff sometimes. JC penney will have something cute now and then as long as you're not bigger than an XL. Motherhood has great clothes, but they're pricey. Watch for sales. the secret fit jeans are a must have and you can catch them on sale pretty frequently. The website and some of the stores have a plus size section for 2x+, but if you wear an xl or smaller, you can also buy the SAME motherhood clothes at Kohls, and Kohls has better sales more often. You can search Amazon, Ebay, and even craigslist for things and often find some pretty good deals. Good luck!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:40 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Ebay. Loads of great deals there
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:43 AM on May. 30, 2011

• ummm yeah why the hell don't walmart and kmart have anything anymore! I am glad I kept quite a bit from my son that was given to me and I got while walmart and kmart still sold them. I was just peeking around for dresses and I think Target and BonTon are about the only places left anymore in my area, other than online.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 6:57 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Thrift shop!

Best way to do it is to hit up yyour local resale shops!
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2011

• i like kohls and motherhood and jcpenny has some
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 11:15 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I really like what sears has to offer. It's mainly all motherhood brand but A LOT cheaper than buying from the actual motherhood store, and they seem to always have really good sales. I also got some really cute jeans from jcpennys, they were "common genes" brand. Now I'm trying to find jean shorts but not having good luck, ive just been wearing leggings and stretchy fabric shorts.
    dbraz

Answer by dbraz at 11:17 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Old navy and JC penny
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 11:59 AM on May. 30, 2011