im scared everyone knew i was trying to get preg. and now there all downing me and my soon to be husband.

my family knew ive been trying to get preg but heres the catch im 16. but more mature then your usauall ones ive wanted a baby ever since i was 12..ive dreamed of haveing one of my on . and now i havet been feeling good soo my mom took me to the doctor yesterday . and they checked if i was preg. (im going to find out today). and eversince yesterday my mom (stepmom) has been saying stuff like'you know if your preg. that your family is never going to respect you ever again. i mean yuh im scared . but happy at the same time because i want a baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You know that at 16, no matter how mature you are, you are going to get negative comments about being pregnant. It's sad, but if you know that you are equipped to provide for a baby, then you'll just have to suck it up and prove them wrong.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If you were really that mature you would know that it's best to wait to have a baby even though you really want one. How would you be able to support you and the baby?
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They're just worried about you, and rightly so. You might very well be more than ready to have a child of your own, but the reality is most girls your age aren't. Until they see you can handle this they are going to worry about you and the baby.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 8:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't think it's right for them to say they won't respect you. Are you relying on them, or anyone else, to provide for your child - a home, food, clothing, ,babysitting, equipment, education, etc.? If you can provide all these things than you should be fine. That's a hard life to choose though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Giving you a benefit of a doubt- at sixteen you should be finding a life directive to support yourself. Do you even have a directive beyond having a baby? Part of having fun as a young person (especially in the twenties) is showing off a tight figure, a status quo.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well... nothing will grow you up FASTER and make you face the real world(the harsh realities), than having a baby. At age 16, no matter HOW mature you think you are you are NOT ready to care for and provide for a baby. You are not finished growing yet yourself. I hope you have a safety/security net of family who will help you. Are you finished with your education? Do you have your own home?Little 12 year old girls who want babies don't realize that it is HARD WORK to properly raise a child. You can't put a baby back on the shelf when you are done playing with her--it's 24/7 on -the- job training, that is exhausting,nerve-wracking and time-consuming for a grown woman. I hope and pray for your sake that you are NOT pregnant,and that if you are , that you have PLENTY of family to help you. .

Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My sis had a baby, she is 16... she is doing a GREAT job,she is very mature also. She loves her son to death and has givin up everything for him. She does still go to school, lucky for her our mother is a stay at home mom and has agreed to watch my nephew. BUT, i see how tough it is for her. Watching her grow up so fast is heartbreaking almost, she didnt have time to be a kid. dont get me wrong im am GLAD she had my nephew, i love him to death! but, i wish she could go have fun, party, whatever teenagers do. she has to worry about dr apps for him, diapers, laundry, washing bottles, juggle school all at once. Shes lucky and has the dad around, but all he does is play video games,... all the responsiblities you are going to have are going to be extremely overwhelming. . BUT if you are anything like my sis, you will be fine and you will make it thru this\add me as a friend i wanna talk to you some more :)
    MamaMakinMoney

Answer by MamaMakinMoney at 9:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You are 16. I really hope you have the means to raise a child.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 10:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• what...you got a job? do you have a car? means to provide for yourself and your family? are you going to live with mommy and daddy...and be a mommy yourself? comeon...i sure hope YOU ARENT it doesnt matter when you wanted to have a baby how long you have been waiting...you arent even done with school yet are you? whats up with that...grow up be a kid...i regret having my baby "so young" and i turned 21 a month after my babe was born...i missed out on some of the things my friends are doing...and id hate that for you ... or anyone for that matter.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well my dear, I was a young mom myself not as young as you, I was 19 when I had my first and 22 when I had my second. Whether you think you are ready or not, I need to tell you that unless you have an amzing career that makes good money, it's going to be a constant struggle on you financially. You say you are getting married, before you can make that kind of commitment, you need to know yourself, and I'm sorry but at 16, you don't. It's not your familes responsibility to take care of your chioce. If you are really as mature as you say you are, that you would wait until you have a diploma, a college eduacation, a steady job and the means to take care of a child, it's only fair to yourself, your family and ultimately that innocent little child. It takes ALOT more than love to raise a child. Please rethink your decision.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2008