Regular clothes too tight but almost too small yet for maternity clothes?

At 2 months my belly is sooo uncomfortable in my jeans. It's more of a tenderness and bloating rather than that I am actually showing. I bought 1 pair of shorts that were comfortable but didn't want to get too much since I am not sure how long I'll be able to wear them. I wear scrubs to work so I just really need something nice for when we go out so I don't look like I was just bumming around the house.

What did you do when you were between regular clothes and maternity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go to the maternity. Maternity clothes are so cute and stylish. Many maternity can be worn after as well.
    Kohls had three long racks of maternity with fantastic styles and great prices.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:32 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Get a great summer dress (high-waisted, non-maternity) to carry you over until you're fully in maternity clothes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:08 AM on May. 30, 2011

• buy yourself some "in between" clothes, stretchy shorts, a summer dress, I wore non maternity legging with a maternity tunics, these outfits fit throughout my whole pregnancy, and i can wear them after baby too. I know how you feel I'm typically small just over 5 feet and about 120lbs but since I've had several babies my clothing gets uncomfortable fast! Also Oldnavy makes "real waist" maternity pants and shorts these are perfect for early pregnancy and afterward too!
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 8:21 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I wore my pant and my skirts unbuttoned. At home, that meant a t-shirt outside my jeans to cover up the fact that my pants button was undone; at work, a blazer covered the fact that the back of my skirt had a button or zipper undone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on May. 30, 2011

• You could get a Bella band to cover up your unbuttoned pants. They sell them at target, I believe.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 8:39 AM on May. 30, 2011

• A great trick I learned on "fat" days before I was ever pregnant for pants with a button.

Take a hair elastic and loop one end over the button. Thread the other end through the button hole and loop it back over the button. It keeps your pants up while giving you extra belly room.

You should also consider loose or larger regular clothing as mentioned before. Maternity pants right now are just too big.
    LoveHerDad

Answer by LoveHerDad at 8:46 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I went through this too, but the time I found out I was pregnant each time my pants were too tight. Although I didn't get big with any of the 4, it was just that "little too tight" feeling. Sounds like from other posters there are a lot of great things out there now that wasn't there before. Right now the tunics are in with the leggings. Those leggings are stretchy and the tunics go down a little further. It would probably work with the bella band and rubber band idea that others mentioned with your other pants because they are longer. Congrats!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:32 AM on May. 30, 2011

• you can never be too small for maternity. I know people who wear maternity clothes and arent pregnant just because they are so comfortable
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:36 PM on May. 30, 2011

• not until about 5 months with my boys, but this one i think i will need it sooner, way sooner, like by 2 months
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 3:44 PM on May. 30, 2011