Do you have a treadmil?

I just got one, how often do you use it?

I've been doing 30 minutes in the morning & 30 minutes in the evening, going between a mile and a mile and half each time. It says bewteen 95 - 110 calories burned.
I started the food part of this diet this morning, I got an app on my phone to track calories.

Id like to lose 20 to 30 pounds, my hip, thight and butt area.
Am I setting an unrealistic goal?
Any suggestion to keep motivated?
Thanks

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 9:44 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Any goal is realistic as long as you stay motivated and don't aim to lose 30 lbs in a month or something excessive like that. Gradual weight loss is much easier to achieve AND easier to keep it off. Good Luck
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:58 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Goal is realistic. Just visualize the end result and stay determined.
    I've had a couple of treadmills, always used which is why they didn't last long. I enjoyed them while they lasted. No we don't have room for one in this tiny little house, sadly.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:46 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes we have one. We hardly every use it during except during the Winter months.

I DO think your goal hasn't been completely set yet. How long are you giving yourself to lose 20 to 30 pounds? A day? Ten years? If you're calorie counting and sticking to it I think having a goal of losing 20 pounds in 3 months is a good starter. Also as you increase your exercise you'll be able to burn more calories and then lose weight faster.

Good luck losing the weight!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:01 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes, I have a TM-

I am cross training for both a Half Dome summit climb and a half marathon, and I run on my treadmill for at least 45 mins a couple of times a week. I also do several elevation climbs a week- anywhere between 5- 13 miles and trail run in between. Generally, I would run at least 30 minutes 5 days a week, when not training for specific events.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:41 PM on May. 31, 2011