What is a good price for children's clothes at a garage sale?

I am getting ready for my sale next week, I was thinking $1.00 an item. Good price or no?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:59 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• a whole outfit $1 pieces $.50 go ahead nad make a free box for stained stuff or jeans with hole s in knees you would be suprised how much of it goes!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:03 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I think it depends how badly you want to make money or just get rid of things. I usually just want to get all the stuff sold so I put things at like 25 to 50 cents. Like kids clothes and like if it is stuff like pictures or other things around the house. $1 to $1.50. I don't think 1.00 is bad. If people think it is too high they can try and talk you down :)
    LT70

Answer by LT70 at 10:02 AM on May. 30, 2011

• We had our yard sale this weekend. I had thought $1 per item was good. I had a lot of people look and ask "How much?" When I said $1 per item, they walked away. After not selling any clothes for the first 2 hours I decided to say "50cents each item". I sold everything i had out!
    Almost toward the end, one lady made a comment that some people were selling clothes too high. She commented that "when you can go to Goodwill and buy childrens clothing for $1 and item, why would someone pay that or more than that at a yard sale?". I was thinking that maybe this was why it wasn't going when I said $1.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:05 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Look at the condition of it and ask yourself what would YOU pay for it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:07 AM on May. 30, 2011

• $1 for shirts n shorts, $1.50 for jeans, if they are still in good condition. But I like tspillane's idea. Look at it and ask yourself what would you pay if you were at a yardsale. maybe offer a 5 for $4 kind of deal.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:09 AM on May. 30, 2011

• You can start at $1.00, but remember the goal to get rid of stuff, so be willing to come down to almost whatever they are willing to pay. I've seen kids clothes for 25 and 50 cents each. What doesn't sell donate to the local thrift shops. Good luck.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:11 AM on May. 30, 2011

• It depends on the brand/condition- that is a bad price for WalMart/Kmart brand, but if it is Gap or Children's place I would say yes. At my last yard sale, I had most of my kids clothes at .50 and my nicer items at $1. Anything with holes or stains I put in a bin and marked it free. My $1 items included new with tag Kmart jeans and some nice dresses that had hardly been worn. Also some jackets. I agree with the other ladies. How badly do you want to get rid of your stuff? That makes a big difference on how you should price things.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 10:16 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Well we had a yard sale Easter weekend and the girls did great. We sold tops for 1 to 2 bucks and jeans for 4 bucks. They were able to buy their own Easter baskets.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:20 AM on May. 30, 2011

• All these prices are pretty much the prices I have seen at yard sales as well and they get snatched up. :)
    StephMarie152

Answer by StephMarie152 at 10:24 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I'd say anywhere from 50 cents to a few dollars, depending upon the condition and brand of the item.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:27 AM on May. 30, 2011