DS is 6 with Mild Autism and has been crying over everything the last 2 days...

yesterday he was in all out red faced tears because his sister touched 'his' mud in the back yard. Today it's because she is looking at him. School has only been out for a few days what is the matter! He says nothing is bothering him. He feels fine. He went to bed at a good time last night. He is having a minor surgery wed but he seems okay with it. He is excited about summer vacation... what is the deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hm, I'm no expert or doctor but maybe the surgery is worrying him a little and is probably looking for that little extra attention and he may not be able to cope with it as much as you think he is. I hope everything gets better :)
    StephMarie152

Answer by StephMarie152 at 10:17 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Even taking into consideration his DX. He is still a child. We as human being get moody, and have emotional times in our lives. Maybe he is just going through an emotional time. Cut the kids some slack.
    PrdMilWife

Answer by PrdMilWife at 11:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• He may not know. My son does theis some times and he has autism as well. I just try to help in any way I can. He is only 8. Maybe make him something special to eat, play games or something else that is fun for him. I hope this helps.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:01 PM on May. 30, 2011

• HI, my son is on the spectrum and some times does the same thing you just have to take time with him, get him to do something else he likes to do. It could be a movie he likes to watch. A book he likes to read or look at the pictures in that book. but children who are on the spectrum often use other behavior to show how they are feeling.
    TRINI1111

Answer by TRINI1111 at 10:11 PM on May. 30, 2011