How much do you spend on groceries?

I am new to the whole budgeting thing. I want to make sure we have enough money for all of the bills and other things we need.

I don't usually worry about how much I spend at the grocery store, but I'd say about 150 for the basics for 2 weeks, plus an extra 50 the next week for meat and stuff (I hate freezing meat.. if I do it, I forget about it and don't use it and it goes bad). So about 400 a month for a family of 5.

How much do you budget/spend and how many do you feed?

(Posted in shopping instead of food and drink cuz it's about spending money lol)

bdflykisses

Asked by bdflykisses at 10:11 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• I think you are doing GREAT. I have a family of 5 and probably spend double that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• 70-80 a week for 4.

I meals plan based on the local ads. Find coupons for what is on my list and stick to my list. I shop at multiple stores each week for the best deals. I use the ads to price compare.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• We spend about $500 on groceries for a family of 5. We could do it cheaper but we eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruits.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:13 AM on May. 30, 2011

• the really good
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 10:13 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Way too much, but the kids have to eat right? I spend roughly around 700 a month, and I'm still in and out of the store buying bread, milk, butter, or drinks when we run out.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:15 AM on May. 30, 2011

• i spend about 250 for every two weeks for a family of almost 4 i am prego with my second, it seems like a lot but that includes diapers and wipes and detergent and cleaning products also we rarely eat out we have just about every meal at home
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:19 AM on May. 30, 2011

• @ ambr2006 - I think my grocery bill will go up after next week. I'll have my two oldest home for breakfast and lunch since school will be out!
    bdflykisses

Comment by bdflykisses (original poster) at 10:19 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Family of four and we spend way more than you do. I really do need to learn the couponing methods.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• We spend roughly $500-600 per month for a family of 5 during the majority of the year (including diapers, wipes, pull ups, baby food, etc--our kids are 1, 2, and 3. lol). We add in about $50-100 more when our oldest daughter is with us during the summer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I spend $600 a month for a family of 5, give or take a bit. I try to plan my meals on sales. I make a list and stick to it and use online coupons.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2011