Has anyone ever taken a antidepressent while pregnant ?

hi i wanted to know if anyone has taking a antidepressent while pregnant and what mg and if it helped andwas baby ok ..
thanks

mom3902

Asked by mom3902 at 10:26 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No I've never done that and would be concerned about the infant.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:28 AM on May. 30, 2011

• yes, I've taken one with my first son & I am currently taking the same one now with my twins. It's risky (as with many things while prego) but if the benefits outweigh the risks, as in my case, it's definitely worth it. I can't stress how important it is to create a support ring with your doctors though!
    ardencie

Answer by ardencie at 10:38 AM on May. 30, 2011

• i was on an anti depressant before i got prego but as soon as i found out i stopped taking it asap!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:53 AM on May. 30, 2011

• No
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:53 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Ive heard alot of people do but I try to even avoid Tylenol for the sake of the baby. Id rather put the baby before my own needs
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I took zoloft my whole pregnancy and my baby was totally healthy. It would have been worse if I didn't. Obviously we all try not to take medicine while were pregnant and I'm sure many people who answered this never have experienced life changing depression. Honey, if you need to feel better and take medicine it's ok. Talk to your ob she will reassure you! :)
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 2:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• im taking paxil and 4 weeks preggo, i go to see my obgyn on wednesday for the 1st time, so i will find out then what the risks are
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 3:40 PM on May. 30, 2011