Breast or Bottle?

Are you planning on breast feeding or formula feeding?..and why?

dbraz

Asked by dbraz at 10:52 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Breastfeed. It is the only choice I will make for myself and my babies.

There are an overwhelming amount of benefits for both mom and baby to giving your child the biological norm. I have also done a lot of research on commercial infant formula and would never choose to give it to my child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 30, 2011

• You asked a very loaded question and bottle mammas are going to get ticked at my answer. Breast is always best, if you can. Formula may have the nutrients, but it does not have the immunities that you have. I will leave it at that because the other things I've researched people who bottle feed get mad at me for saying.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:55 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I breastfed both of mine. It was an easy decision. No bottles to cart around, no prep, no cost. It was simple logic. When DS started refusing the breast at 10 mo, I decided to give him a bottle or two a day, just to round out any nutritional needs he wasn't already getting from solids. It was a huge pain the butt. After that, I knew I'd made the right decision.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 11:05 AM on May. 30, 2011

• bottle feeding
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 11:09 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I breast fed my first, and I plan on breast feeding my second when it gets here in December as well. As far as I'm concerned, breast is best. Not only is it free, but it's also tailor made for baby. It has all of the immunities baby needs, it's always available, it's always the right temperature. I could go on and on. That being said, what you choose to give your child is your decision. If someone chooses formula over breast, that doesn't make them any less of a mother. As long as the child is happy, fed, and well taken care of, I could care less what someone else chooses to do.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:12 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Really people?? REALLY? We're going to vote people down because they choose to feed their child in a way that you may not agree with?? You don't know what her reason for bottle feeding is. And does it really matter? I'm sure her children are just as loved and taken care of as those who choose to breast feed. Grow up, ladies. Good grief.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:15 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I don't think anyone is voting anyone down, I was just curious what everyone was planning on doing. I think I'm going to pump my breast milk. I like the idea of breast feeding but I don't think I have the patience, and I know I'm going to want help so if I pump I can have someone else feed her every now and then.
    dbraz

Comment by dbraz (original poster) at 11:21 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Breastfeed. It is SO much easier, easily available, costs nothing, you need no extra supplies, perfectly suited for my baby, helps their immune system, helps who knows what else (there are STEM cells in breastmilk), and is best. I have nursed four children (currently tandem nursing the last two) and cannot imagine the money I have saved and how it has helped my four.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:21 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I bottle fed, why? Because I was raped, got pregnant chose to have my son and had to work 2 jobs as a single mother to support my child. Breast feeding didn't really fit into my schedule while I was trying to work to provide a roof over my sons head.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:22 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Ha ha, dbraz. IMO it takes more patience to pump then it does to feed from your breast. Hopefully it won't be that way for you though! With my first, I pumped SO MUCH. The milk never stopped flowing. But with my second I struggled to get 2 oz and would pump for 30 minutes. SO much easier to just give the breast. Some women cannot produce a thing for the pump and others have no problem at all. Hopefully it works out well for you!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:23 AM on May. 30, 2011