How can I get my kids to clean?

pennypostell

Asked by pennypostell at 10:58 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Tell them to. Follow with consequences. It is in every parenting book out there.
    mubbie

Answer by mubbie at 11:04 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I showed them what was expected when they were told to clean their rooms. I did it with them when they were little so they knew what to do. Then nothing fun was allowed until their rooms were taken care of on that day of the week.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 11:07 AM on May. 30, 2011

• thanks guys
    pennypostell

Comment by pennypostell (original poster) at 11:17 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Create a chore chart & lead by example.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 3:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Make it a game. Like a race between them.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 3:12 PM on May. 30, 2011

• i tell mine to clean their room and if they dont they dont get to go somewhere that day or that week or they will be put in their room for the rest of the day. and they clean it just the way i expected them too and if not i tell them its not clean keep going!!
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 4:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My son is still too young for this, but he likes putting things in the trash like a big boy. So I have him help in small ways now to help instill it in him later. Hopefully...lol.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 8:08 PM on May. 30, 2011

• we have a chore chart...if they are young make a game of it
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:13 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Chore Chart, supervision, following example, all great and tried and true methods. Find the one that works for you and stick to it. But the best idea is that they have to start with a clean space and keep it maintained daily.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:21 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My baby is only 7 months old but I'm starting early! lol I make it a game when we throw away her diaper or put her toys away; I let her hold the diaper/toy that needs putting away and she drops it in the bin and then we say "YAY!" and get all excited, she loves it. She may not understand the whole things need to have their place and what not but it helps with the whole attachment to objects thing; I can take something from her and she won't object. Has worked with my 14 month old neice since she was about 6 months old as well.
    AbbysMom1017

Answer by AbbysMom1017 at 9:43 AM on May. 31, 2011