Have you completely cut caffeine out of your diet?

I've been try to cut most of the caffeine out of my diet but I cant seem to let go of the raspberry iced tea from dunkin donuts and the soda every now and then. I know you're not really supposed to have much caffeine but I'm not sure why? What are the effects it has on your baby?

dbraz

Asked by dbraz at 11:02 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i try to only have one drink a day that has caffeine but im not sure why we cant have the caffeine either
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 11:08 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I personally chose to cut out ALL caffeine for the first trimester because there is research showing that even moms who consumed the allotted amount that is said to be okay....3 hundred mgs.....were 17% MORE LIKELY to miscarry than those who consumed not at all!

I do usually have a little in the 2nd and 3rd trimester but not much.

I have done this for all of my pregnancies.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I cut out everything but the occassional tea and chocolate (come on--I was pregnant. How could I cut out chocolate? lol). I have even cut out everything but tea and chocolate when I wasn't pregnant (out of habit) for the last 4 years (I've had 3 kids in 5 years).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:17 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I try to cut down.. hard to do when you work at the place where everyone considers the best coffee and it's free for employees...
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 11:20 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I have tea and coffee once or twice a day denying yourself is too hard but in moderation anything is okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I was told no more than 200-300 mg. a day. I drink 1 cup of coffee in the mornings. I cut that back from 2-3 cups. Most days, just that cup is all that I'll have. Occasionally, I may sneak in another cup later in the day, or a soda or some tea, but I don't make a habit of it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:30 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes I always cut caffeine out when Im pregnant but Im guilty of having a couple of sodas with my most recent prgnancy. I stick to sprite which is pretty good. I also nurse my babys for a long time so I try to keep the caffeine out of my diet for that reason as well. My 13 month old had really bad acid reflux so there for a while I could not drink anything with caffeine even tea cause that would have triggered it.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:35 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I went down to one med DD coffee in the morning and one Diet Pepsi in the afternoon. Doc said that was fine. You don't have to cut it out all together, just have to cut WAY down!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:05 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I drink soda daily with my 2 pregnancies and my boys are fine, but i do cut down on how much I drink a day and will with this pregnancy as well
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 3:36 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I cut down but didnt cut it out.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:40 PM on May. 30, 2011