How long did it take you to conceive your first child? And how old were you?

I'm in my early twenties, and my boyfriend and I have been trying for over a year now. We have unprotected sex every night, at least five days of the week. Each month, I'm disappointed to find that I've started my period. Sometimes I think I'm having symptoms, but it never ends up as so.
I feel like giving up. I'm so depressed anymore. Thinking about it makes me want to cry. I don't even want to talk to anyone I know after they get pregnant because it's just a reminder of what I can't have.
I need to hear words of encouragement. I see people talk about how they cried after six months of trying because they didn't think it would happen for them, but it's been so long for me with no hope.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• With my first baby (well babies, they are twins) it took no time at all. I said I wanted a baby, and bam I was pregnant (I was 22, had them at 23), same with my next pregnancy (23, had her at 24)...but my last pregnancy I was like you...we tried forever. I would get so depressed every month when my period came. I cried and felt resentment towards people who were pregnant. I couldn't figure out why I had no issues the first 2 times, but this time it wouldn't work. So I gave up. I stopped trying and within a month I was pregnant with my now 5 month old. (I was 27, had him 2 weeks before turning 28) So, sto trying...have fun, and stop stressing...it will happen when it's meant to be! Good luck :o)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:20 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Maybe you should go see your doctor. Could be something as simple as a bacterial infection that you don't even realize you have? That happened to a friend of mine. Right after she finished taking antibiotics she got pregant.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:20 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I was 17 and we werent trying. We had been together aboutr a year.

Answer by gemgem at 11:31 AM on May. 30, 2011

• It took me 1 year of trying on my own and 6 months of trying with a doctors help. I was 28 when I had my son.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:34 AM on May. 30, 2011

• at your age trying for a year is long. And you should both go in and consult a doctor. I also want to recommend chiropractic care, it can increase fertility(google it).

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:39 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I know my mom had miscarriages upon miscarriages before she had me, and it took her five years to get pregnant with my sister, with a few miscarriages too. Is it inherited?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on May. 30, 2011

• I actually go to a chiropractor every month. I have the beginning stages of arthritis is my back, so I have to to keep from being in pain.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 AM on May. 30, 2011

• they say stress can contribute to not being able to get pregnant too. for me and my husband it took one try. I'm in my mid 30ies. sometimes genetics play a part. other times it can be physiological. and it might not be you at all. how about your man? does he have any issues? like the others said, try speaking with your doc and go from there. it's different for everyone and hopefully your doctor can help you find out what's keeping you from getting pregnant. GL!
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 12:04 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I was 26 when I got pregnant w/ my son, my one & only =) I got pregnant right away=) but I guess everyone's different.I suggest take care of yourself, eat healthy,exercise. & take some prenatal vitamins before u plan on getting pregnant.This was the advice I got from my Dr when I had my miscarriage,a year ago. We we're trying for a second child.But it wasn't meant to be,so I guess just be patient & be healthy & it will surely happen before u know it=) good luck w ya girl!♥
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 12:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I would talk to your obgyn about it. He or she can maybe run a few tests to make sure all your (and your boyfriend's) hormones and stuff are in line. I have always heard that if you haven't conceived after six months you should get checked out.
    momk23

Answer by momk23 at 12:16 PM on May. 30, 2011