Need help with potty training issues

So my daughter has been doing realy good with potty training for about 3 months and then the other day i told her about the new baby and she got excited about bein a big sister but she has quit potty training and I've tryed everything i can think of and nothing is working. Any suggestions are welcome.

lacysmom4evr

Asked by lacysmom4evr at 11:30 AM on May. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just relax, she'll do it when she is ready. this is a very normal reaction to a baby on the way
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:36 AM on May. 30, 2011

• Each of my children has been so different.

With one - he had to clean up his accidents. He would have to stay in the bathroom until he was undressed, the stink dumped in the toilet, and clean clothes on. He HATED that and soon quit having accidents. (I use underwear, not pull ups).

With my second, he loved cleaning it up. Ha ha. He was only allowed one pair of pants or shorts a day. If he wet it, he went naked the rest of the day. He HATED that!

My daughter LOVED treats. When she quit going for me and having accidents, I just started giving her a small piece of candy every time she went in the potty.

Keep trying things until you find something that works!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:37 AM on May. 30, 2011

• my son just got trained a week ago=) I just get rid of the pull ups, & had him wear underwear=) It was kinda messy @ first cuz he pissed all over the place sometimes=) but its worth it!!! I'd keep an eye on him/her every time he's ready 2 go pee or poop=) & letting them sit on the potty for couple Min's or so helps.So,they'd get the idea that they need 2 go when they gotta go=) & w/ ur daughter its normal I guess, but I'd keep pushing her into it=) Then she'll get it eventually=) Never wait til when they r ready, cuz theres no such thing! Thats why its called potty training=) WE have 2 train them♥ ~ just sayin~ good luck mOmma!♥
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 12:00 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It just depends on the kiddo, I think she might be too young, my DS was almost 3 and it took less than a week, when the baby comes she might start to express intrest in being a big girl and gettting rid of the diapers once and for all.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• lol, they will potty train when they are ready inahan. All 3 of my kids did. My oldest boy was 3 1/2yrs, my 2nd son was 21mo, and my daughter poop trained at 18mo and would pee sometimes on the pot but then just recently at 28mo she has decided to be consistent w/ both.   There is more than one school of thought out there for potty training.  I find my children have a lot fewer accidents than those children who parents pushed it.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:19 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I agree with Lyette
    Children are all different, and train different. Always be positive about it. Never tell them they are bad. If they have an accident don't make them feel bad. Just say something like oh honey I know you did not mean to have an accident. We have to try harder to know when you need to go before it happens. What can we do to know. Ask them for ideas, because if you talk about it they will think about it more, and will be so proud when they make it. Make it a big deal about how they though about and made it. Don't say much about accidents, just move on. They are called accidents for a reason, or they would have been called plans! Positive all ways works! hope this helps you.
    Patricia K.

Answer by Patricia K. at 4:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• My boyfriend was having the same problem with his 2 yr old daughter but he gave her a small piece of candy every time she used the big girl toilet. My little brother had too see it made bubbles to get him to go
    Jannanet1

Answer by Jannanet1 at 8:38 PM on May. 30, 2011