Should my 10 month old have flouride water?

My daughter will be ten months old in a week or so, and she has two teeth. We got her some fluoride water yesterday, and after we got home I read on the label it's not recommended to mix it with formula.

Should she even have it yet? We don't have a doctor to take her to, no insurance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't give it to her, I would think she is too young.. Most babies get flouride that they need in regular water mixed in with their formule.. Call a local dentist.. they won't charge you for calling and asking a question.. let me know what you find out!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We have well water, no flouride of course, and our pediatrician prescribed vitamins with flouride, since the babies didn't have have flouride otherwise. If your water already has flouride, then there shouldn't be a problem with just using the tap water. I don't know about bottled flouride water, whether it has a higher level of flouride, or why it says not in formula. So you do need to consult a doctor or dentist. There should be a program for you if you can't afford a doctor- something for children.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• if you have city water then don't use flouride water. it already has flouride in it. we have well water and my ped. gave my dd flouride drops when she turned 6 mths.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• no dont give it to her if u go to some dr they will give u tep insurance. u need it
    LisaAnnPonce

Answer by LisaAnnPonce at 10:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I used that pink labeled fluoride water with my son when I was on well water. I used it from 4 weeks on. He's fine, but my Dr told me to make sure that he was on it. NOt sure if it's the same water or not. I'm on city water this time so I am using tap water.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Research fluoride and decide if you want her to have it at all.. I mean ever. If you want to avoid it buy Primo water, or distilled water. If you do want it I would suggest not buying the special baby water for now because they end up getting too much.
    sjanel

Answer by sjanel at 11:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2008