Green Tomato Pie

Years ago i got a recipe from an old grange cook book . I used that cook book more than any other i had. I had found a recipe for Green Tomato Pie. Sounds awful but if you like rasin, or mince meet pie, you would like this one.
I am hoping someone out there has this recipe as i have long since lost my book.
Thank you.
Cheryl

shawntee48

Asked by shawntee48 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• do a google search I did and there a bunch of recipies/instuctions! goodness...help yourself.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Just cut the green tomatoes in wedges. Toss with sugar, cinnamon and a tablespoon or two of flour. Pour in the bottom crust, dot with butter and sprinkle with a tablespoon of vinegar. Put on the top crust and bake. The amount of sugar and cinnamon depends on your own taste. I like a less sweet pie.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008