Has anyone encounered a febrile seizure?

melissaguti

Asked by melissaguti at 12:05 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes I have with both my sons. they have each had one that thankfully has never reoccured.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 12:13 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Yes, why? Do you think your baby might be having one? Because if you do think that, I recommend going ahead and calling 911 and getting her an ambulance to the ER.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:17 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I never experienced them, but I know how scarry they are. Luckily they really are harmless, but as the previous poster said, it's always better to get the child to the doctor so they can make SURE it's just a febrile
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:46 PM on May. 30, 2011

• scary to say the least. my son had one when he was a little over a year old and it was terrifying. i have a seizure disorder too, but docs say they are unrelated thankfully!
    babymaycker

Answer by babymaycker at 2:23 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Thanks for your comments.
    Yes my 18 month old had one this past Sat. We rushed him to the hospital right after. He was admitted. They told us that the cause of the high fever was an ear infection. I followed up with his pediatrician. He is doing much better now. I am just paranoid, checking his temp constantly and waking up in the middle of the night several times to check if he feels warm. I really hope that he never has one again.
    melissaguti

Comment by melissaguti (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2011