Having a c-section tomarrow and Im sick.

Im having my 3rd c-section tomarrow.I will be 40 weeks on Friday.I am really sick I have this cold that has settled in my chest and I cant stop coughing.Has anyone ever ran into this problem if so then can you tell me what happend.Did you still have the c-section as planned?I have to see my doctor today anyway but I want to know whats gonna happen now.

AmandaLynn101

Asked by AmandaLynn101 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't sick for either of mine, but your doctor will probably want to wait unless the baby is at risk or something.
    thats_karma

Answer by thats_karma at 9:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• the doctor probably want to wait becouse u are sick
    LisaAnnPonce

Answer by LisaAnnPonce at 10:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• why are you getting a csection done? is there a problem? an emergency.... i think the dr will want to wait and i think that will be best. your body will still undergo aLOT of stress, and being sick will make things worse...but I still dont understand your getting a csection at 40wks, when you can go as much as 2wks past your due date...ya know?
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Most of the time, elective surgeries will not be done if the patient is sick. But if they are concerned that your body will trigger labor naturally considering you are full term, they may go ahead and do it so they don't have to perform an emergency procedure. My aunt had a c section while sick, but she was overdue and they didn't want her to go into labor. But it will take you longer to heal, as your body will be fighting two things at once. Unless you are high risk, which I am guessing not since they waited this long to schedule it, or the baby is at risk, they probably will wait it out a few more days.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2008