Painting a picture frame

I will be the first to admit that I am challenged when it comes to crafty type things, however, I have come to the conclusion that I need to be crafty in order to save a little money. My SIL gave me a framed set of black and white pictures of my DH and I and our children. I love the frame and don't want to spend the money to buy a new one, but I need it to be black instead of brown. What type of paint should I get and are there any techniques that I need to do to get it smooth? I don't want it to look like there are brush strokes in the frame. The frame is wood.

icook

Asked by icook at 9:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Your best bet may actually be black spray paint. Apply several very light coats and let it dry completely between coats. That should give you a nice finish.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You could always get an acrylic paint. Use a foam brush to paint it. It doesn't leave any streaks. Then get a sealant spray. So that the paint does not rub off.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 9:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008