What do you think?

Whats with all the 15,16 year olds wanting to have babies? Its not a walk in the park. I understand mistakes happen but im talking about the girls out there TTC at such a young age. Im disturbed......

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 9:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• They should spend a week with the baby and get completely worn out. And they should start out tired like a new mother does after pregnancy and labor. And they should realize that this is they way it is going to be for years. And they should consider that they are not just having a cute little warm cuddly baby, that in a few years this little one becomes a pre-teen, and an teenager, who has their own agenda and problems. The young TTC girls should consider that some babies have physical or mental problems and need considerable medical or personal care and sacrifice, that the young mother's wants for herself no longer matter, it all has to be about the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 9:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• idk? cuz if they kept my 6mth.old for an hour they would change their mind!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yes me to I got preg at 16 and it was no fun I wish these little girls could spent one day and night with a infant I bet they would change their mind ( I love my daughter and do not regret her but it was hard ) lol

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Ya and things happen but i just read a comment and the girl has been trying to get PG and her family knows it..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They might just be looking for love. I am not really sure. If most kids that want to have babies got to take care of a colicky baby for a day or two (with the child's mom there of course!), they would change their minds. As for girls that do get pregnant at that age, I think that if they can raise the child as a good mother, more power to them.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They don't really know what they are getting into. Saying they want a baby.
    They don't know how much work it is to raise a child.
    Or how it changes your life.
    If they really thought about it they wouldn't want to do it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• thats sad if her family knows it and is supporting her on it I think ...sighs...wow have times changed my mom kicked me out and was mad for a long time......I hope she wakes up soon IDK

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I just think its crazy, I was 19 when i had my first and i still think that was young. And i was married.. Oh well i guess they will have to learn that hard way. I dont think its fair for the baby
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• What ever happened to family planning and Home Ec in schools? I think adolecents should take one of those electronic babies home for a week straight. Somehow we need to reach these kids and show them that a baby is not just some toy or cool thing to have that you cah put up on a shelf when you grow bored of it.
    I know this is a touchy subject...but speaking as someone who once had to go on welfare for temporary assistance...maybe if it was not as easy as shooting out babies to get on welfare in the first place these kids would think twice...it is a huge safety net. Here in Ohio you have to work a min of 20 hrs a week to get assistance...but if you are young and with child boom you are on it.
    I think it is to the point where the government should make you pass a series of test and become licensed if under a certain age before you reproduce!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think its for attention. I knew a lot of girls in HS that were trying to get pregnant and some did some didnt but th ones that did ended up giving them up for adoption or cannot afford them. I had mine at 17, but I wasnt TRYING to get PG....and I still graduated HS. They will learn the hard way I guess.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2008