Have you ever told your husband something utterly ridiculous that he believed?

I shared this in the pregnancy group, but I know not everyone is part of it. I thought I'd share it with all my CM girls!

So, this is our first baby. My poor husband is an only child. I'm the oldest of three; I was five when my sister was born and seven when my brother was born. I remember a good bit about it. I also have quite a few friends who have already started their families. Now that the background is done...

We are getting ready to sign up for our birthing class. The instructor told me that she doesn't adequately cover breastfeeding, and encourages her students to take the class offered at the hospital.

I was relating all this to DH, and a light bulb went off. I told him I didn't see much reason in him going to that class with me. After all, he'll only be a pacifier. He gave me a confused look, and I proceeded to tell him how when mamas nurse, the daddies have to use their own nipples as pacifiers. "I am NOT doing that!" "But honey, you have to. That's how it works. It's good for bonding for you and the baby." "That's gross. I'm not doing it." "Well, you have a screaming baby, and you'll do whatever it takes to get it to hush." "Nope, not doing it." "Yes, and since your nipples aren't particularly hairy the baby will latch to you better. If you don't believe me, call your dad!"

He's too ashamed to call, and I haven't straightend it out yet. AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 12:32 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• LMAO. Let him stew on that until the baby is born and he tries it. He is probably trying to find a buddy to see if he really has to do that! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:45 PM on May. 30, 2011

•  

devil

Oh Momma! You are evil! I LOVE it! I wish I had thought of it first :D

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:46 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Hilarious!!! So glad you shared that because I'm laughing so hard right now~!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 1:07 PM on May. 30, 2011

• you rock

shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:20 PM on May. 30, 2011

• know what? after you said that I can just see that becoming a new thing! I bet there are some guys out there that have done it!

I always say that the truth is stranger than fiction, and if you can imagine it, someone somewhere out there has done it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 31, 2011