For Moms of kids who sneeze alot and have misc. allergies.....

do you ever feel guilty when your child has a sneezing fit? My son has asthma, allergies, chronic croup and a real lust for sneezing. Whether indoors or out... but when he has a sneezing fit in our house, particularly in his own room I feel ashamed. I didn't dust well enough, change the hepa filter enough, change his linens enough, and so on. ... it's only 11:30 am he's sneezed himself into a headache requiring pain relief. I suck. ?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:33 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Awww you don't suck lol My oldest son has allergies, but only in the spring and I always feel bad. I hope he feels better. Good luck
    retent

Answer by retent at 12:52 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Well I will say this I don't make myself feel bad about it and you shouldn't either. My son has asthma, allergies, eczema and its severe where he is hospitalized allot.You cant feel bad because either way it goes your baby is still going to have it.I have a filter and everything as well and he still remains the same.He needs medicine everyday and his allergies are so bad that his eyes are always super swollen.I noticed that being in California doesn't make things any better with the asthma epidemic out here.So at least you know another mommy goes through the same things as you and it makes me want to pull out my hair lolI am just hoping things get better as he get older and I think with your kid it just might.

Good luck Mommy!
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 1:16 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I wouldn't say that. It's easy to miss something. And some kids are just that sensitive.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 4:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Don't feel guilty. Just clean a little more if you think thats what is causing it.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 7:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• not ur fault maybe he is allergic to something u dont know please dont be so hard on urself
    critter_boo

Answer by critter_boo at 8:47 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Don't feel bad. What about an air purifier for his room? Also, I use Nasaline Jr Nasal Irrigator with squip salt for my son and follow it up with Kids Allergy Relief, which is an all natural supplement found at Vitamin Shoppe. These 2 things work wonders.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 10:53 AM on May. 31, 2011

• Don't feel bad, alot of the elements causing it may be out of your control
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 3:36 PM on May. 31, 2011

• no, its life... either we put up with wheezes and sneezes to live a full life... or we can stay locked inside..
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:11 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Good luck.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:38 PM on May. 31, 2011

• Don't feel bad just do your best.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:47 PM on May. 31, 2011