What editor do you use for pictures?

I WANT photoshop back but I gotta get my old computer working.
UNTIL THEN
i'm wondering if there are any free and safe downloadable photo editing programs that are kind of comparable to photoshop.
I'm leaning towards buying a years subscription to picnik.com but if i get my computer up in the fall i'll feel bad for spending money on a whole year...

so anyhow what program do you use, is it free, where did you download it (and is it safe to download ie no virus's!)

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:38 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Technology

• I love paint.net. You can do a lot with it. I even use it to design siggies for a group on here. You can get plugin packs that make it awesome and there are groups on CM to tell you how to use it :)
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 1:16 PM on May. 30, 2011

• paint.net is free , I use it and photoshop
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Listen to Octobersmom; she knows what she's talking about winking

Paint.net is 100% free, open-source software that has a dizzying number of downloadable effects available from their help forums.  Chances are that if there's something you used one of the pay programs (Photophos, Paint Shop Pro, etc) to do, you can find it's equivalent for Paint.net.

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 9:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I use Photoscape
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 12:49 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Picnik is a fantastic free site! I always use it for my family photos. You can have the option to get the "premium" version for I think $4 a month which just has a few more editing options or fancy collages
    chi_moma

Answer by chi_moma at 1:05 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Adobe photo shop is free for 30 days
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:30 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I use paint shop pro to edit photos and to do graphic design. I know a lot of people like photoshop, but I think paint shop pro is much better.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:46 PM on May. 30, 2011