Teaching degree?

I have always wanted to be a special education teacher or an elementary teacher (or like preschool/kindergarten).. But what is the job outlook. My Grandmother is a teacher in North Carolina and she says its not good and maybe I should switch my major..... But is the outlook good around Ohio, Tenn, Penn, Indiana, Kentucky, those areas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• My dh is in school to be a teacher and in our area they need people , he already has a promise of 2 jobs one at each of the local schools (which ever he chooses ) when he finishes, he is also well known in our area (small town) so Idk if that is one reason why or not.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:03 PM on May. 30, 2011

• It depends on the state. Here in IL it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get into a teaching job. If you do, you risk being laid off the next year anyway.

Anonymous

• Honestly, I would go the Special Education route if that is what you want to do. You will pretty much have any special education job you want. However, if you want to do regular education then, Tennessee might be a good option. I have heard that about 50% of Tennessee's teachers will be retiring within the next 5-10 years.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:16 PM on May. 30, 2011