99/27 blood pressure??

I have been having low blood pressure for awhile now, last week it was bad as 48/30 and just a few mins ago it was 99/27?? I am really hoping that this was a mistake i was having a little bit of chest pain but it was nothing terrible. has anyone ever had blood pressure this low before? It always goes back to normal ranges after a low reading.

* I feel ok right now, when it gets really low usually I feel as though I cannot stay awake, and I don't feel that way right now , so I'm really hoping that it was an error with the machine, I will keep an eye on it.. the only thing I feel is a bit of chest pain that comes and goes but I just had starbucks and sometimes caffiene effects me that way, if it gets too bad I will goto the er, or if I see it staying that low.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Health

• mine dropped to 80/30 when i was having an emergency c-section and i felt like i was dying. do you feel okay otherwise? it might just be your blood pressure machine or cuff. having a cuff that's too big or small will affect the reading, as will some blood pressure machines. if you are having low blood pressure you might feel very fatigued, headaches, the symptoms are similar to that of high blood pressure. but keep an eye on it for sure.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:51 PM on May. 30, 2011

• How are you checking it?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:59 PM on May. 30, 2011

• this is really something you want a doctor to monitor. Or monitor it every day at the same time and write it down, give the doc your numbers.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• u may need to go to the doctor!!!!! It seems low.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:35 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Have you seen a cardiologist? Sounds like you would benefit from a full cardiac workup.
    Anonymous

• That's way too low. Get to a physician asap! Something is definately not right if its that low. Blood pressure that is 90/60 is considered hypotension. Your diastolic or 2nd number is way to low. You need to see someone. In some cases people go into life threatening shock from this. Its definately worrisome.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:47 AM on May. 31, 2011

• your systolic is fine but your diastolic is very low. Normal range for diastolic is btw 60-80. In the range of low BP 35 is normally the lowest. It may be an error reading but I would get it checked for sure.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:55 AM on May. 31, 2011