I am 2 weeks late on my period and i have tested but its coming up negative is it to soon?

So i could be pregnant? The blood test will defiently tell me if i go to my gyn tommorrow

USMCWife266

Asked by USMCWife266 at 1:00 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no, if your period is 2 weeks late that is not too soon to test, but you may need a blood test to see if you're pregnant. either way it would be a good idea to see your gyn.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:03 PM on May. 30, 2011

• 2 weeks late?? No definitely not too soon. I think your best bet would be to go get a blood test done. There are always lots of free pregnancy clinics in pretty much every area, I'd consider checking those out if insurance or money is an issue.
    Home pregnancy tests, depending on the brand, can be unreliable. During my first pregnancy, just for kicks and giggles, I took a home test and it came out negative. I was 6 months pregnant....
    chi_moma

Answer by chi_moma at 1:03 PM on May. 30, 2011

• SO i could be pregnant? lol the blood test will tell me defiently?
    USMCWife266

Comment by USMCWife266 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on May. 30, 2011

• DEFINITELY.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• yes mam blood test is a deff. ur HCG levels might not be high enough to pick up on a hpt ......... call ur doc. tell them ur two weeks late....no Positive hpt.....then they will do a blood test! good luck!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:00 PM on May. 30, 2011

• First, you need to know that there are many reason that your period could be late such as stress, health issues ect.
    Second 2 weeks is not to soon to test even if you are due for your period that day the test should show accurate results.
    It is best to wait retest in a week then go to the doctor to get an hcg test if that comes up negative then the doctor can figure out why you are late and what is best to fix the problem. Good luck.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Well let us know if you are
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 3:33 PM on May. 30, 2011

• A blood test will Confirm for sure ! Sometimes Home test fail us !
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 4:15 PM on May. 30, 2011

• The blood test will definitely let you know. I was 3 weeks late on mine... Always Had regular periods... Tests came up negative and then the blood test confirmed that it was negative, and I started the next day. So it just depends. Sometimes your body can get outta whack for no reason, or, you could be preggers! :-)
    Aidensmylove

Answer by Aidensmylove at 2:09 PM on May. 31, 2011