Air conditioner?

If you have one what temperature do you cool your house to? We just moved into a house that has one. We were previously in Washington and never had one. So I am kind of curious what others find comfortable. I am very cheap and have no turned it on yet. It was about 90 yesterday and it is getting up to 89 today and I am pregnant and a bit on the miserable warm side. So it made me curious.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 1:03 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We leave ours around 70...sometimes 68. 70 is comfortable to me!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 1:05 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Ours is set to 69 right now because Im pregnant too and get overheated VERY easily lately. I lived in OR/WA my whole life and never had ac until we moved to NY! If we had to pay for the ac, Id probably never turn it on no matter how miserable I am!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:08 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Same here. 70 or 68. I get hot easily, put it on cool the place down and turn it off for a while.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:09 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We put ours on 77. We have a new energy efficient home. Very  well insulated.

Answer by louise2 at 1:43 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I am able to leave mine around 75-77 and stay cool, if not cold! I love our apartment :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:04 PM on May. 30, 2011

• 75
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 3:12 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I would start at 75 and drop it slowly if necessary. Really for me it is less the temperature and more the humidity. If the humidity is gone, the heat doesn't bother me so 75 is fine.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 5:53 PM on May. 30, 2011

• around 68-70
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:12 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Aque Jen we also moved from WA to NY and I just turned mine on to 75 and I still feel too hot but we have to pay for it and the electricity here seems astronomical.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 1:19 PM on May. 30, 2011

• We try to keep ours around 78. But if it's extra-humid or something we'll turn it down a couple degrees. Running it depends on humidity and temps both - I can handle hot but not humid. I'm in Iowa if that makes a difference. Allergies play it too, if we run it. If humidity is high or allergens are high, but it's not terribly hot, I'll run it at a cooler temp to stay comfy.
    Anonymous