My whole entire face hurts...is this a sinus infection or part of caffeine withdrawal?

I woke up this morning with my whole face hurting...my head, behind my eyes, my cheekbones, even my jaw and teeth...I'm super irritable and just want to go back to sleep but everything hurts too much and it's worse when I lay down...I'm wondering if this is a sinus infection or caffeine withdrawal...I havent had a Pepsi in a few days (I drink ALOT of Pepsi) and what can I do to relieve some of this pain....besides drink Pepsi lol...can't get to the store to get any right now.

Forgot to say I'm 9 months pregnant so...would have to do something natural lol

Thanx ladies

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:44 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Health

• UGH...I feel your pain babe! I agree with everyone, it's probably a sinus issue. But, caffeine withdrawals could do that to you. I had a caffeine overdose a few years ago (weird, I know, but very true) when I was working at the hospital. I passed out at work and I was unconscious (sp?) for a few hours. When I came to, I wasn't the same at all. I couldn't talk for a few hours, even though I tried so hard to speak. Nothing came out. Hours later, I finally was able to tell them about my horrible caffeine intake and they figured out what it was. Needless to say, they said no more caffeine. The next day, I got a horrible migraine and it lasted an entire week! I never suffered from migraines before that, and now I get maybe 2 or 3 in a year. GL and I hope you feel better!
    jalvarez626

Answer by jalvarez626 at 12:46 AM on May. 31, 2011

• That's classic sinus pain. Usually what I do is take a strong decongestant and some Ibuprofen and lay with my face on a heating pad. Good luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:47 PM on May. 30, 2011

• The facial pain is likely something in your sinuses, but the headache is probably from the caffeine withdrawal. Same with the irritability and fatigue. Caffeine should be slowly weaned off of. You have an excess of adenosine receptors (which are what bind up to the caffeine), so it takes time for them to back off, up to a couple of weeks. Take some Excedrine or have a cup of coffee to take the edge off of the headache (even one cup of coffee a day for the next week or so should help). Does your face feel like there's pressure? If you press on the area just above your eyebrows or alongside your nose, does it feel squishy and like there's fluid there? Those are some of your sinuses, so feeling that, or even some popping, is a sign of fluid in your sinuses, which will lead to pressure and pain. Take it easy today, and cut yourself a break for getting rid of the Pepsi. Great health choice in the long run! Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• it does sound like a sinus infection, but caffine withdrawl can also give you a headache. take tylenol....some pain relievers have caffiene in them too lol. you can also try to flush out your sinuses with saline and warm compresses help sometimes too. you might need an antibiotic for it though.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:48 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Sounds like a sinus infection to me too. Try a heating pad for warm wash clothes. Hope you get some relief~~I know how miserably that can be.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:49 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Owie, sorry hun. Hope you feel better. Maybe you should call your doc in the mornining just to be safe.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:59 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Ouch I feel your pain I was like that last week I ended having a Sinus infection.Go to the dr and get some antibiotics.Feel Better :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:09 PM on May. 30, 2011