Switching to a gentle cleanser for my acne. How long before I know if it's working?

While I'm waiting for my dermatologist appointment next month, I've decided to eschew all acne products and just wash my face with a gentle cleanser. I've tried several for a few days to a week, but find I still have acne popping up, sometimes in places(like my forehead) that I don't normally get pimples. I was getting frustrated, but then I thought, maybe I'm not giving it enough time? How much time should elapse before I know if a gentle cleanser if helping my acne?

kasaloso

Asked by kasaloso at 1:57 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• What are you using,when you go to the dermatologist can u give us an update of what you was told to do?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:31 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I've tried a number of things. Currently I am using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I love the way it makes the non-zitty part of my skin so soft, so I really hope I stop getting zits. I will try to remember to update, but I don't see him until the 20th, and I'm a little flaky, lol.
    kasaloso

Comment by kasaloso (original poster) at 2:39 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You should try Devita gentle Aloe Cleanser http://www.bewellstaywell.com/DE-Aloe-Vera-Moisture-Cleanser-p/devaloclen01.htm

or

Chae Organics Acne TX Cleanser  http://www.bewellstaywell.com/Chae-Organics-AcneTX-Cleanser-p/chaorgacnetx.htm

I've used both of these and they won't clog up your pores either.

BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 7:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I have acne prone skin, and I use Purpose. You can buy a bottle of it in the drugstore. Lable is blue. Super cheap, doesn't have "soap" either like Cetaphil (which is kinda greasy I think, I used that to remove my makeup in the winter) I think it takes about a month (sorry) to see any changes in your skin that would be caused by products. Now, hormones, that's a different story! Stress too, that can make you break out in hours!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 8:46 PM on May. 30, 2011

• No product is going to clear your skin. You need to treat from the inside.  This worked for my DS's acne (it was horrible); cleared up his skin beautifully, better than any Rx creams from his dermatologist, better than using dangerous antibiotics, better than any OTC product, which are filled with dangerous petrochemicals, parabens, SLSs, phathlates, etc. that are known to exacerbate the condition.  Skin issues are symptoms of underlying physical problems and, as such, need to be treated in that way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on May. 31, 2011

• It usually takes about 4-6 weeks to see results.What are you using for your skin though?
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2011