Help I am worried I am pregnant, my boyfriend is a Christian and I am not

So... My breasts have been huge for the past 3 weeks or so, my body has been aching, I have been nauseous (but have not thrown up), I have had a head ache for the past few days that wont go away, the other day in a meeting my body got SO HOT I was having trouble focusing and sweated through my thick cotton shirt, and clinic coat (I never sweat very much). I am due for my period any day now and don't feel the excessive cramping and bloating I usually feel around this time, I have been mildly cramped and bloated on a daily basis but not like during or before I get my period. I have also been specie and my body has been tired. I am not sure if this has to do with anything but the last couple days my lips and skin have been dry for me, which is odd. I haven't taken a test yet, I wanted to wait until I see if I get my period or not. I am just super anxious...
I have an incredible boyfriend and we love each other and are very happy together; the only problem is we have completely opposing beliefs. He is a Pentecostal Christian and I don't believe in a lot of the things he does. (ie: i have strong feelings about Gay Rights and equality). I find the issue to be more with his family actually, they are very involved in his life and much less considerate of my feelings and views than my family are with theirs. (ie: they will make gay slurs in front of me, and in public, which makes me very uncomfortable and upset, its gods job to judge not my boyfriend's mothers). My boyfriend doesn’t say things that make me uncomfortable, he doesn’t really practice or go to church, most of the influence is just from his family.
I'm not sure what I am asking for maybe feed back, support, advise, maybe someone has gone through a similar situation? Its also a really bad time in my life to have a baby right now, I just started my dream job and I am really focused on my career right now. Not to mention my boyfriend is about to leave to another state for his cousin's Christian wedding, and will be surrounded by super deep Pentecostal Christians all week. So I will find out if I am pregnant or not alone, and he will come home in a extra Christian mind set. If anyone can help me out with some words of wisdom I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well first of all I would take a test and find out, if so he doesn't sound like he follows all the rules,, I am pretty sure that Pentacostal's believe pre-marital sex is high up on the sin list.. If not you really need to sit an evaluate if you can live with what he believes, personally I would have issues with ALOT of it, but to each your own, and for god's sake get on some birth control,, you should have these kinds of things worked out before you bring a baby in the mix of it,, if his parents a super zealots about their beliefs your child is going to grow up very confused.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:23 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Hi Sweetie, You both need to hash this stuff out and make agreements before the Boober gets here. There is room for compromise. Like... I would love for you to share your belief system with our child, but bigotted speech, of any kind, has to be a thing of the past in our home. (to me that would be a deal breaker) That is just an example.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:26 PM on May. 30, 2011

• first off... test the morning of your missed period with the first pee. Secondly i TOTALLY understand what you are talking about when me and My SO got together it was a BIG issue for me i was raised Catholic and he hasn't attended church and doesn't really believe in the one God ect. i was very concerned on how we would raise a child.. we had ALOT of discussions and both decided that we would raise the child to understand what God is and ect but let the child make the ultimate decision. We are due in DEC. and super excited. I think you guys just need to decide what your going to do before the baby arrives Good Luck Mommy! and from the sounds of it your prego :D congrats :D

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:26 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I am on birth control, and I haven't missed any pills. I know I am willing to make compromises, but to an extent. I am ok with my child being raised with a spiritual relationship, but it is up to him or her to decide what they believe; as I said it is god's job to judge. Also as I said he doesn't go to church and doesn't really practice, but he still has the mind set that he was raised with and the constant feed from his mother. Who I might add had a baby out of wed lock... and still judges the heck out of everyone else. But on a daily basis between us it is not an issue and we are perfect for each other. Until his mom calls and hounds him about how he is living his life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on May. 30, 2011

• super christian = no sex until marraige....which means he cannot be a hyporcrite!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 2:45 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Well, if he was as Christian as you say he is, he wouldn't have had pre-marital sex with you.
    Anonymous

• If you are pregnant, here is what you need to do
    1) Google "dealing with the inlaws and family of origin"
    2) become a member of baby center and ^this^ group
    3) Teach your SO that YOU And this baby are his family now and he shouldn't be so enmeshed with his family
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 2:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• just pee on the stick the morning of your period starts and He should've been more careful too...
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 2:51 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Well if you have not missed any pills it is doubtful that you are pregnant, please go ahead and take a test to be sure, but as far as the racial slurs and stuff around me,, I couldn't take it,, so if your going to be with him for the long haul, remember your child will hear this from his family, it could be 9 months from now or 9 years from now, but when and if you decide to have chldren, your going to have to determine if you want your kiddo around this kind of junk or not,, I don't think you can change the way they think, so I promise that if will become an issue if you stay together,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:47 PM on May. 30, 2011

• HE doesn't say those things, but yeah I know, the more I get to know his mother the more of an issue it is for me. They can't just say a sin is a sin no matter the "sin" if they have sex out of wed lock, but then put people down for loving someone else. My boyfriend doesn't put people down or make fun of them, if he did I would have left a long time ago. But it still doesn't change that my baby would be around that sort of negativity. We also have only been together for 8 months, not sure if i pointed that out or not. I have not missed a pill and i have been on birth control for a good 5 years. I have never been pregnant, and that is kinda why I posted this because I have been showing all these symptoms, I am due for my period with in the next couple days, if I don't get it i will take a test.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on May. 30, 2011