Divorce In Another State?

I am thinking of leaving my husband. We have done everything to try to make our marriage work, but it just is not. Question is, if we got married in Ohio and we live in TN now, can I file for divorce in TN, or do I have to petition the court where we were married at?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• where you live now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:35 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You file for divorce in the state you live in. Most states have residency requirements of 6 months to a year, so if you're under that limit, you might check to see if you can/should file in Ohio, but other than that, it's the state you live in.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:50 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Where you live now as long as you have established residency. That means living in that state 6 months.

Answer by gemgem at 2:52 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You get your divorce where you live now. Look online for how to go about it in Tennessee.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:20 AM on May. 31, 2011