Did I tear? adult content

My midwife told me that I didn't need stitches after I gave birth to my son. So if I didn't need stitches did I teao ? I think that I did because when I go to the bathroom to pee it burns so bad!!!!! (Tmi i know)

Has anyone else had this feeling of burning during urination after giving birth, if so how long did it take to ggo away????? Oh and the burning isnt coming from the urethra its when the urine hits my skin.

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 2:24 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Health

• You could have a UTI. That would be my first thought, anyway.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:25 PM on May. 30, 2011

• With my first I tore really bad I needed stitches but he didn't stitch everything, I had a huge tear that wouldn't stop bleeding and it hurt real bad. I ended up going back to the doctors because I thought I tore a stitch, but my doc told me I didn't need stitches on that one, it ended up closing up pretty fast, but it was ugly and gross and scary. I hope you feel better soon, good luck!,

retent

Answer by retent at 2:38 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I had that too. I had a hosp birth but i was up and in the bathroom 20 minutes after i delivered the placenta cuz i had to pee lol. and it hurt SO bad!!! I didnt tear but it did hurt alot. it went away for me about 2 or 3 days later, but if i sat wrong or did too much and then went to pee it would hurt again up to two weeks later. just take it easy :)
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 3:34 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I didn't tear or have an episiotomy, but the area still has to stretch. I was swollen and it hurt to pee for me, too. Make good use of that peri bottle.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:37 PM on May. 30, 2011

• thanks, I am using the peri bottle. I just want the burning to stop when I pee.
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 6:20 PM on May. 31, 2011