• In the Spotlight:

Are u getting a gift for your OB and Nurse?

I want to get them a gift for Christmas and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I was thinking about going the whole cookie route but I'm sure they get enough sweets and wanted to do something a little different....any ideas?!?!

MomAubrey

Asked by MomAubrey at 9:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Shopping

• nah their rich enough they don't need anything else
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yes, I'm sure the nurse is filthy rich.... (rolls eyes) Lol...
    But seriously, I'm not sure they can really accept gifts. So you might want to go with something like a nice poinsettia.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Wow that is sad of you to think....they did and still do (i'm expecting again) have my life and my childs in their hands. So I think I can fork out $20 bucks so I hummm........DON'T DIE!
    MomAubrey

Answer by MomAubrey at 10:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yea...um i was pregnant last year and ended up having my babe on xmas eve....i didnt give them squat...if you have more of a relationship with them then their just your care providers I wouldnt do anything but a card or something.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have a midwife and a doula... my doulas gift is me paying her for her services..lol. Good thing it is Xmas.. they can get a card from me. Sooo easy and cheap.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 10:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• ohh...and your not going to die if you dont get them a gift! LOL that comment was funny! (referring to ...."so i ... dont die")
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i agree a nice card would be good enough =D
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My ob office is so huge! I have more doctors than i can count and I hardly ever see the same nurses either. I don't even think a card would get seen much less acknowledged.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Maybe a card to the office if you want to send something?

Answer by Bmat at 10:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• wow there are a lot of ungreatful people here. i think it is a very nice thing to do if you have a relationship with your OB or Nurse. i am sure you will think of something they will like its the thought that counts
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008