How often is normal for Braxton Hicks contractions?

Just wondering..how often is normal to get braxton hicks contractions? I'm 32 weeks and actually was put on Procardia to slow down the contractions but last night and today I've still been getting them really frequently. For about an hour today, I was able to time them 7 mins apart. Kind of freaks me out since I thought the meds were supposed to be slowing them down plus I'm already at a high risk for preterm labor and on bedrest. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Gonzo318

Asked by Gonzo318 at 2:41 PM on May. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If they are regular.. and increasing in time they are not braxton hicks but the real thing.. They say lay on your left side and time them, if they increase in time or are starting to get stronger go in..
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 2:49 PM on May. 30, 2011

• IF meds arnt workng GO IN....its their job to Help u out. Sounds like its serious enough with u being Preterm, and on meds. Of course like said above and by doctors lay on ur left side...drink plenty of water cause dehydration will cause them(i was told no more than 5 contractions an hour and im high risk for preterm) . If ur not comfortable with them then go back in mama. Feel better!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 3:12 PM on May. 30, 2011

• You Should go in To get checked ! Better to be safe
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 3:17 PM on May. 30, 2011