when i am at work

I love my job,the people, everything. But then i get home and i am still fine, until i look in the mirror. i see this old, ugly woman whose husband left her for another woman. Anyone else understand how i feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• please dont fell that way you are a beautiful person inside and out keep your head up things will get better,,,,,hugs.....

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You are letting another person, and apparently not a very nice person either, color how you feel about yourself. The joy you feel at your job, this is how you actually look. When you look in the mirror, smile - from the inside- light up the mirror with your smile and joy. Think about what a valuable and good person you are. This is what you need to have yourself see in the mirror, not what someone else has made you feel. Love yourself, you deserve it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• AWW, sounds like you need to take some "me" time. Remember, true beauty shines through from the INSIDE.If you don't feel pretty OUTSIDE, though, take some time with yourself. Paint your nails, curl (or straighten) your hair. Wear earrings. Put on moisturizer and apply fresh make-up. i have those days when i don't feel as pretty as i do on other days.
    If your husband left you, then consider it HIS loss. Keep your mind occupied with other things--listen to your favorite songs,( Learn to play an instrument--GREAT confidence booster) read a great book(if you like to read--I do) take a soak in a hot bath Watch a new movie I'm just giving you ideas based on things I do. Do not tell yourself negative things, but speak positive into your own life. Before you know it you will feel better!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Anonymous,
    Please find someone to talk to, maybe a counselor. You need to come to understand why you are feeling this way and what you can do to change it.
    When you look into the mirror I think you are seeing what you have been told by your ex-husband. He has hurt you with words, actions and betrayal and he is continuing to hurt you but you are letting him and you must break free. I understand what it is like when your husband cheats and chooses someone else over you, it is humiliating and you feel like all of your flaws are magnified for the world to see.
    Remember though how you feel when you are at work with your friends. They love you for you, they see your beauty, your goodness, your true heart.
    I hope you let someone help you with your struggle, It took me awhile too hun!
    haston

Answer by haston at 11:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yes. My husband also left me for another woman, only she's older and less attractive, but at first I felt so miserable and unattractive. It's been two years and I'm only recently in a good place. Concentrate on the good in your life, nothing is going to get better unless you try. If you feel ugly try treating yourself to a day at a spa or salon. That's what me and my friends do. Pampering does wonders.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008