My DD is not eating lately! She is 3.

I'm not puching her or making her. It there to eat if she wants if she doesn't it goes in the sink at the end of the meal. She isn't sick or anything I checked. Day before yesterday she ate yogurt, no lunch, 1/4 apple for snack and 3 bited of mac and cheese at dinner. yesterday she at 1 pancake and eggs for breakfast (good meal) no lunch, no snack one rib and 1 piece of corn bread at dinner. Today one peach/carrot muffin. 1/2 a peach 1/2 slice of tony's pizza for lunch and no snack. Is this okay? Oh and she is refusing to drink milk, which is fine but she isn't eating either! She drinks water as her only other choice. No juice in the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on May. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh and she isn't complaining or asking for stuff that is different just not eating. Saying she isn't hungry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on May. 30, 2011

• DD would often not eat. I just bought her some pediasure which she loved. Your DD isn't going to starve herself. When you fix dinner if she doesn't eat it put it in the fridge, let her know she can have it whenever she wants and leave her be.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:26 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Just keep offering food. She is probably just at the "grow" phase of a growth spurt. You will see a lot of patterns like this if yours are anything like mine. One month they can't get enough to eat...the next, they eat like birds.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:10 PM on May. 30, 2011

• im going throught the same thing, i think it's just a phase they go through
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 5:57 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Her body just isn't having what we called "hungry hungry hippo days" soon, she will want to eat so much you won't remember why you worried and then it will stop and she won't eat much again.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:48 PM on May. 30, 2011

• Sounds normal. My doc told me little ones can survive on one tsp of food a day per year old they are...which in your case would mean 3 tsps and be totally healthy. This is a phase, it will pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011